Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Nightwish Concert

Despite initial doubts about whether I should have really spent that much money on a concert, I had a wonderful time when I spent this weekend at a friends house in Tampere. We took a bus to Helsinki to see Nightwish, then a bus back to Tampere at 1AM. Needless to say, we were exhausted, but it was so fun! My friend's host family was very nice, and we stayed up Friday night till 1 playing a game called Dixit.
Although I've never been a fan of metal, we decided to go to this concert. My mom told me it would a good experience to see a band I've never heard of before- anyway that's why I'm on exchange, right? To see things I've never seen before and experience things I can't experience at home. She was definitely right (why should I be surprised, mothers are always right...). Nightwish is a Finnish trademark- everyone knows who they are, and everyone is a fan. I almost feel bad for stealing those tickets from a true fan!
Anyway, here are a few pictures.

  (Me trying to be as metal as I can...)









I can't wait to visit my friend in Tampere again! Thankfully we will see each other again in 2 weeks when all the Rotary exchange students go to Lapland! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment