Friday, March 22, 2013

Hockey is my new sport


The shouts and screams covered everything else, along with the beating of our paper fans against our thighs. We cheered, we chanted, we believed until the end. I've never in my life seen a game where the worse our team played, and the longer the game went, the louder the fans cheered. The stadium was just as full when we sat down to win the game as it was when we cheered them through the last 10 seconds of what was one of the worst games (I am told) of the team's history. Of course, having never watched any ice hockey, I had no idea it was a bad game until my host parents said they wanted to leave. I've never been one for watching sports in the first place, but last night was a really new experience for me. It was truly the most amazing experience because for the first time during my exchange I felt sad that this wasn't my own culture and I didn't get to live it every day. On the bright side, I feel a little more prepared for my move to Canada now, and I'm looking forward to watch some hockey next year in college! 

No comments:

Post a Comment