Sunday, February 26, 2012

Rotary Ski Trip

I just returned home about an hour or two ago from a fantastic weekend! Today was the last day of our weekend ski trip- my first skiing experience ever.  I picked up quickly though and even got on an intermediate slope on my first day! Hopefully I'll learn even more while I'm in Finland since I'm sure I'll end up skiing there at some point. This was the first time I got to know some of the Rotary people, and we had so much fun.  I met Giselle, from Taiwan, and, though I had already met David from the Czech Republic at orientation, we definitely got acquainted, and by the end of the weekend we were all teasing each other and getting along great.  I also got to know Emmy and Raven better, both outbound students like me.  Emmy is going to Spain, and Raven is going to France. I think the best part of my weekend was being pulled across the flat parts at the ski resorts by David.  Kudos to him, his arms are probably sore.... And a huge thanks to Rotary for paying for everything; I'm pretty sure I have to diet for at least a month to make up for the exorbitant amount of food we consumed last night alone....

No comments:

Post a Comment